Yesterday I returned from my trip tanjore by train. What a chaos in train seating. Due to insufficient trains in that route the ministry has added one more berth. The berth is called side middle in between side upper and side lower. This confusion occurred even when we took our train to reach tanjore. But it was more chaotic while returning. We checked with Ticket Examiner our seats and found that it has been changed. So we took our alloted seats and when my mom and my aunt were almost asleep that thing happened. a family came and claimed that that was their seat. At first my dad told them politely about the change of seats. One lady started yelling at us. She even told that they have reservation. I told her we too have reservation and don't think we don't have any reservation. Then her daughter joined the party and started shouting. I asked her to check with the examiner. She told that she had done and she was not informed of any change in the seat and ordered us to check with the examiner. We showed her our ticket and the change of seats and I shot back to her that it is not necessary for me to check. Her daughter gave me a dirty look. My dad signaled me to be calm. Then my dad took their ticket and found that the examiner has written the changed seat numbers but didn't inform these people. That left us and started shouting "Who the hell is this examiner to change the seats?" Now it was time for the examiner to face the situation. She was continuously yelling and other passengers got irritated. When this lap got over it was their turn to take the respective berths. It took them another hour to decide who is in which berth. I finally found that there were 15 members in that family and seats were scattered. I was wondering why they didn't make a bulk reservation and making others journey miserable one with arguments. If it had not been my dad with me I would definitely have picked my fight with her. I waited for them to pick up their reservation and so I could switch off the lights. I got irritated by their attitude and switched off the light and went to sleep heavenly.
If anyone is planning to make a trip to down south be ready for this kind of chaotic situation. For all these things we have to blame the Railway Ministry for not making progress in changing the broad gauge into meter gauge.
1 comment:
Very true..n tis doesn't happen in South India alone..wen v were on a coll tour (De Manali tour), v were travelin wit jus 10 to 15 seats for de whole journey for an entire class of 28 members!!! n I was sittin at de doorstep since there were twice de number of ppl than de recommended capacity in tat compartment..:-P
But wen it happens to a family, its quite bad n frustratin..
Post a Comment