Thursday, September 11, 2008

Standup2CANCER

Tonight I was about to switch off my TV but was caught hold of this programme which was on cancer. This brought out all of my feelings. At first I found that they were trying make some funds through the show but soon realised how serious they were all. Every time a person talks about his/her survival I was moved to tears. The way they fight(fought) that disease and other things are incredible.

I was totally in tears when a person told "I heard the first heart beat of my son when he was born and also heard his last heart beat". The boy was only seven years. It was scientifically found that 1 person dies 1 minute due to cancer. I was shocked by this strategy. Where is the world ending to?

STANDUP2CANCER is an organisation which has been started to fund the research that being undertaken for cancer treament. They have got this big support from more celebs across the world.

WHY NOW? with the advent of technology they are trying to make this world a better place to live. More than that they believe that they can find the cure for cancer.

I believe in them this because I had one of my relative who died of cancer. I don't want this to happen to any of my close one's. It is just not a disease it is a war between the human and the cancerous cells.

When the survivors were talking I found that they have found their purpose of life in this world. what am I doing? What is my purpose of life? All I do now is just put this post in my blog. I m not now capable of donating anything but I think I soon will do at least once.

Finally there the famous cyclist Lance Armstrong who posted the question to the next presidential candidates "What are the three things that you would do to stop the cancer if you are elected?". These are not the exact words.

I m least bothered about the answers since the answers should be from your heart and this will happen only if you see it with your eyes.

Americans have opened their eyes and started a mission. what are the Indians going to do? I think even our country has people who are suffering from cancer. Can they also do something like this? Can they make India a better country to live in?

WHAT YOU CAN DO?
Stop Smoking.
Never Start Smoking.

Manage your Stress.

Have a Mammogram.

Get your colonoscopy.

Get a Prostrate Exam.

Get your Skin Examined Once a Year.

Cut back on the amount of Red Meat you Eat.

Exercise.
Avoid Highly Refined Sugar and Transfat.
Add Anti-Cancer diet to your food like Broccoli,Cauliflower and Cabbage.


This is where the end of cancer begins: when we unite in one unstoppable movement and Stand Up To Cancer.

No comments: