Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Incredible Bus Journey

Yesterday I was returning from tanjore to chennai. Since I didn't get my train reservation from tanjore I made the reservation from trichy to chennai. So I had to take a bus from tanjore to trichy. This was my first bus trip (long distance) after 8 years in a local bus. We didn't have any sleepr bus so we had to take the local bus. I will not complain about the seats. They were quiet comfortable and me and my cousin took a two seater. There was some video (old songs) playing in the bus. The cd was the worst copy I believe. For every sentence the video will stop and play. Me and my cousin were commenting over this and were enjoying ourselves. Then I found that it was raining and closed the window. Even after closing the window I had a feeling that some where water was leaking. My cousin was also sure about that. Then we saw our back seater getting up and standing. We thought that they were getting. Then it was our turn.Suddenly water was pouring from my side of the window. My cousin decided to stand. The conductor was a nice one and placed a towel over the place where it was leaking. I was cursing both my parents and my aunt and uncle for not having this situation. Then it was their turn. My aunt had and my dad had to stand. My cousin is a lucky fellow. He got an empty seat between two fat men. I was laughing at him. I thought my experience would be stopped here. We found that the water was cuming even down. So we had to keep our luggage in our lap. I cursed my mom coz she had taken certain unnecessary things from my uncle's home and I had to keep it in my lap(till the end of journey).

Wait. This is the best. With all windows closed some idiot started smoking the cigarette's small brother(beedi). I was nauseated. I felt like I should bang that man and throw him out of the bus. The conductor was kind enough to stop him. But it continued. Then the rain stopped. We decided to come back to our original place. I had to put a towel in my place and sit. I called my cousin and he thanked me for saving him from being jammed. But any bus journey should not go silent right. There comes my lady with her two daughters. She demanded the conductor for seats for them. Conductor politely told that there are no seats and be patient. She ordered the conductor to make the gents sit some where and give them a three seater. Wait. I found a seat in a two seater. It was occupied by a middle aged man. I told my cousin that if had been in that position of the daughters I would have asked that if there was a problem with him if sit beside him and would have made my journey comfortable. But these people are very conservative that they want to sit with the ladies.

Finally we arrived at trichy around 9:30 and our train was scheduled at 9:40. We had to rush with the dinner to catch the train. The train journey was an extra ordinary one which is my next post. I think I had a nice experience after a long time in my life. Hope to find another experience pretty soon.

No comments: