Sunday, August 9, 2009

Dwaraka Trip- Part 2

Well, as the way we started it definitely gave a different experience for us. Since gals were traveling in lot numbers we decided to keep awake at least in turns so that we don't get kidnapped. Before we went out of the state the driver took a long detour and we were a bit doubtful of what he was doing. Then we figured that he wanted to get his clothes for the travel. Hell No. No more delay. But this can't be avoided since he had to come with us for two nights na. I guess every mind gets tired at one point of time. Me and one of my friend decided to be awake at least till 5 in the morning and then the others can be awake for the rest of the travel. Everything was sorted out and went well till 4 in the morning. I guess me and my friend got tired at the same point and dozed of for just 15 mins. When I woke up I found that the Indica which was going ahead of us was no where to be seen. But I still felt that we were heading in the right direction but not too long. Then we all realised that we have taken the longest route and the other cab took the shortest one. Since we got separated we gals were all on our own. After some time we decided to stop for the breakfast(around 9). You would not believe if I say that we stopped in a highway where the truck drivers would stop in the night for their tea. We just had something to fill our stomach. Then the journey then extended for another 5 hours.

At last we reached Dwaraka by 12 in the noon. We found a place to take bath and then proceed with our journey. We made a short stop for another one and half hour to get ready for the visits. Well the place that we opted was not that good. First of all we opted three rooms so that we could get ready soon. We found out that the rest rooms were in a bit bad condition. To start with we found a leech and one of my companion screamed. Well I took the first place to at least brush my teeth and guess what I became a standing joke. As soon as I took the tap water into my mouth I spat that out. If I keep that water for five minutes in sun I could get two spoons of salt. I warned my friends. I was making some faces to forget the taste and that was how I became a standing joke. All my friends used mineral water to brush their teeth. We got ready very soon and guess what? we were all so hungry. After having lunch(It was manageable. I cannot expect a 5 star cuisine in an unknown place), we listed all the places that we wanted to visit and told to the drivers. From here the journey was excellent. I switched to Indica since the guy was not comfortable sitting in the front(he was so tall that his legs hit the front box). The Interesting part are as follows:

Well,before starting I will be honest. I m too poor in the spiritual things(I called my friend for the names). If I go wrong in the things please forgive me. The First place that we visited was Nageshwar Temple(Lord Shiva Temple). It contains a huge Shiva Idol which was awesome. I was awestruck by the little details that the sculpturer had done. I cannot put that in here since I didn't take it(I was so captivated I forgot to snap it). Two of my friends went for giving some pooja and we were there for 20 minutes. It was around 15:30 and were worried if we could cover all the places.

The next stop was at Gopi Thalab. The place where Lord Krishna was brought up. We saw the river in which the gopiers took bath and krishna stole their saree. Here I found out some thing. The priest of that place was giving some short story about the place which I will never understand since I didn't know our national language properly. He said that some rituals will be carreid for the well being of our family if we pay him 150 bugs. Then we found a small queue being formed and I found that some my friends also joined. The matter was that the priest never asked the name of the person or the details related for the ritual. He took the money and said something to bless them. I was literally laughing in mind how blindly people believe in things. Okie it is getting late lets move on.

The next one was amazing and I was horrified. The place that we went was Bet Dwaraka. For visting this place it is mandatory that we have to cross a river. As soon as I saw the boat I begged my friends to leave me on the shore(Aqua phobia). But they pushed me into the boat. To make me comfortable they started taking snaps and making some chats. Though it was only 10 minutes I was dreadly afraid. We reached the other side around 18:00 and found that the last boat that leaves the shore was around 19:00. We had only 45 minutes to finish our prayers. It was one nice place and here also the priest did a wonderful job of reciting the story. Obviously I was a mere spectator. Since the priest came to know that we were from a different place he took us a tour of the place. The time was ticking. The most important part was that no electronic item was allowed inside the temple. When depositing them we would be given a token which was with one of our freind who left ahead. We realised that was mistake. Then I started walking fast hoping to meet her half-way. Yeah,There she was. Then we made our return trip in the last boat. Then we took snaps on the shore. Thought that the trip would end here. But..

The rest of the journey in my next post...

No comments: