Well, it is time to put how I have invested(or wasted?) my money in the past few months. When I was young I always wondered what is in a book when all my cousins asked me to develop the habit of reading them? Now I have myself learnt everything in it. I can hardly keep a book down if I start it. I have found it to be amazing way of spending the time. I m not here to talk about them but something related to them.
Well when I was not sure about my training dates I started reading some e-books(of course free download only). But due to frequent power failures I was not able to keep myself busy. For the first time(with regard to fictions) I asked my dad to give me some money to get some books. He gave me 500 bucks and I got 6 books and started with them. I finished them in a week. Then it was my bro's turn to give the money. But he informed that that would be the last 500 bucks that he gives to me for books(of course hes has got me books whenever he goes to landmark or if I ask him occasionally). He wanted to make sure that it does not get developed as a habit. Another set of books was bought. I was also reading e-books. In this way my hunt for the books started. My friends always insist me to join some library but I have always wanted to have a collection of my own.
If I became book freak my friend became a furious board player. Yes, this friend became so obsessive with the game that he got a board for 3500 bucks and also striker for around 300 bucks. I scolded him for investing the money in a board. When I was mulling about this to my another friend she made a valid point and made me understand everything. The conversation is as follows. There may be some difference since I don't remember the exact words. But I can bring the context alone here. Here goes..
Nan: "Yannoda friend board vangi irukkan d. Adhuvum 3500 bucks ku."
Aval:"Appadiya d."
Nan:"Oru boardla ivalavu kaasu waste pannuvannu yedhir parkalai d."
Aval:"Vidu d. Avankku interest irukku adhanalla vangi irukkan."
Nan:"Ana 3500 bucks romba adhigam d."
Aval:"Adhai parthi nee sollara?"
Nan:"Yen? Nan onnum andha madhiri saelavu saiyala d."
Aval:"Nee mattum books kaasu kududhu vangarae avan board vanga koodadha?"
Nan:"Nan invest panni irukkaen. Yennala books yedudhukittu yenga vaenu nallum pogalam and avanala mudiyadhu ma."
Aval:"Avan inga irukkum bodhu utilize pannikiran. Irundhalum yennai porutha varaikkum neega rendu paerum vettiya selavu pannareenga."
Nan:"Yenakku yennamo nan invest pannina madhiri feeling."
Aval:"Oru nimisham nee potta kaasu yevalavunnu yosichu par, andha kaasukku library la yevalavu books yedudhu irukkalam?"
Nan:"........... ..............."
Aval:"More over neenga rendu paerum orutharai oruthar critize(spending money here) pannavae koodadhu. Adhukku yennakku mattumdhan thagudhi irukku ma. Unnai porutha varaikkum books investment and avanai porutha varaikum board investment."
Yes I was not able to answer her coz she was right. But my habit has become in such a way that I get a copy of my own. She is right everybody has got their own interest and they try to investment in it. If I look back, I really feel that I have invested(or wasted) around 3000 bucks only in books. I guess both me and my friend made full use of the thing that we bought in the last few months.
No comments:
Post a Comment