I developed the reading habit in my late teens and has become a big buff in it.Every year I use to visit the book fair and collect some books. This year also I decided to make a hunt. Me and my dad made the visit. This year there was numerous stall when compared to the last year's stall. My dad did his hunting regarding spirituals and religious things where as I did in the fiction area. I was desperately looking for a book called "2nd chance" by James Patterson. The e-book I got was a fake one and was desperately looking for the hard copy. This time I decided that I have to be successful in getting a hard copy of this book. There were only two stalls which sold books at reasonable cost. When we started hunting down the books it was my dad who got all his books and almost purchased for 750 bucks. I was totally frustrated that I did not get my books at all. After walking down for three rows and looking in to around 50 stalls at last I came to my own area. Here I picked up two books since I thought of getting more at some other shop. In another shop where I checked the books, the cost was a bit higher. But my father insisted that I get a book recommended by him. He referred an author whom I have not heard at all and not all tried. But I thought "I should listen to him at least once". There after I found another shop only at the end of the fair where I took another three. But still I didn't get the book which I definitely needed. I decided to go back to the first shop where I thought that there was some kind of collection. When I started looking at the collections the shop owner came towards me and told that there are two rows of books at each shelf. I felt like "Ada apavi,Idhai munnalae sollamatae?". So I took a comfortable position and started taking out the books and started scanning the back row. After scanning about ten rows I hit upon the book that I was searching for the past 6 months. I felt elated and was smiling to father. He knew that I was searching for this book and was ready to give me money to get for higher cost also. But at last I got the book for some reasonable rate. Here I hunted down two more books and came out of the book fair. When we came out we realised that we have spent 1570 bucks on books and no money was left at all. I told my father, "vandi puncture aachu thalli kittu dhan poganum". This time it was a heart filled book fair for both my dad n me.
This time the fair was mostly concentrated on religious, spiritual,educational and Tamil literature. I was able to count the stalls which had the English fiction. Anyways I had a big time and almost got novels for another two months. When I reached home I found that I had a big collection than my dad. I was clueless how I did the hunt without even counting the number of books. Anyways I think I owe a big thanks to my dad.
2 comments:
hi dharani akka even i went to bookfair this time i made for 1000 rupees...even i didnt get the books i searched...this time the stalls has been fairly increased but expected things didn't turn in..i got a signed book from abdul rehman...do u know that poet.....
I know him pa..he is kaviko.abdul rehman rite. I have not read his works but heard that he is good.
Post a Comment