Tuesday, August 26, 2008

SI(CHI)NGARA CHENNAI

This morning I took a ride in my bike.I was just riding for 6 kms but guess wat??/ I reached my destination after 45 minutes. Since i have to cross around 6 signals i started a bit early.The first spot where i was caught was the big vadapalani signal. usually it will take at the most only 10 minutes to cross the signal even if u r in a dense traffic. Today i was caught for more than 20 minutes. I was wondering what the matter when the side which is perpendicular to me had a moving traffic. Then I saw a bunch of cars passing.Guess it was some minister (hell with the minister). Before becuming a minister i guess he was also a normal person. Why can't he wait in the signal learn all the problems that a normal person faces in this chennai traffic.

The main issue was that the signal was not working and the traffic police was controlling the traffic.To my horror I crossed all 6 signals and none were working. Why to have a signal which doesn't work at all. Pull them all. At least we can have sum space in the road. While returning i decided to take an alternative road. Here the signals were working (only half). The red light works. If u want to know u have got a green then u have to watch the red light go off. R u a stupid to see that the green light works. Only reds are functional. If no red then it is a green. Then why do wee need to have yellow and green. I think our corporation need to change the design of our traffic lights. Yes it is enough if we have only red light since people have got used to it. Then I noticed that there are also timer in the traffic lights. Are u insane? Green lights itself doesn't work then how come timer works...cha waste of electricity. I think our corporation has misunderstood the concept of saving electricity.

So I don't want anyone to call SINGARA CHENNAI.. it is CHINGARA CHENNAI. Lucky that the drivers are very talented that we have got some reduced accidents in the city limits. With these kind of signals it is possible to have any number of accidents per day. Hope our corporation takes some action. In this case our city is called METROPOLITAN CITY. If u had seen the wait that everyone had today for a minister to pass by... then u wud say METROPOLIT(ICI)AN CITY.

1 comment:

Brand H said...

Lol..Kudos to u for selectin such a title for ur post..CHINGAR CHENNAI..:-P it sounds so cheeky..n even i've suffered a lot cos of de traffic rules v follow in tis city..hey u forgot to add another tragedy to ur post..de way roads r bein converted for single lane traffic so tat they can be called one -way roads..i was totally disturbed wen i tried to reach Jaya's place..was pushin my vehicle most of de times to avoid becomin a victim of those traffic constables..most of de roads in Ashok nagar r now bein converted into one-way roads..:-P