Being in bench is kinda good as well as bad and I think me and bench have a great affinity.In two years of experience I have been in bench twice. My bench days are nearing my working percentage. But I have had different experiences in both of my bench periods. In this post I will be sharing those experiences.
Fresher's bench:
Being a fresher and getting out of training any person will expect a break for sometime. I was also having the same thought and it worked very well in my case. I was in bench for more than six months period. Those six months were heaven like thing for me. I enjoyed the period with my friends. I was least bothered about anything. Read lot of books and watched hell a lot of movies. Being in bench as a fresher has advantage like can be least bothered about the timesheets and then the project. Getting into a project is important but being in a break is also an advantage. But this break can extend only to certain time later any person will become an issue. In my case I became a issue. They wanted to push me into a project and finally I went into a project which was chaos from starting to ending. Later it took me around 3 months to switch project.
Expert's Bench:
After being in a project for two long years, I applied for transfer and was in bench for a week. This one week was very different. Being a experience person I came to know the loop holes in policies so I was not reporting. I was taking my calls (so called interviews) from home itself. In this case you can find N number of excuses to avoid reporting. But being an experienced resource anyone cannot be in bench period for a long time (more than 2 weeks). Otherwise you are a risk product. Resource group people will start playing with you, asking to attend more than two interviews a day and also different location. There is another problem in this case is the appraisal and eval.
This is what I learnt from both the experiences, taking break for a short time is good and make sure that you get into a good project which allows you to relax urself and also allows you to have some personal space.
1 comment:
its nice akka.. its been so long ..whenever i see your posts i get the anxiety to write as i used to before.. thanks for the inspiration
Post a Comment