Saturday, May 22, 2010

Blend of Music in my Life

Recently when I was searching my system for the instrumental piece of music I came across a folder named Morning Raga. I started hearing the pieces and I simply fell in love with the music in it. I searched in the web for the movie and watched it. The movie was good for it relaxed my mind entirely. But before watching the movie I heard the song Mathey more than what 50 times for it was amazing till I saw the movie. After watching the movie I found few more pieces excellent.

I have always had the craze for the string instrument from my high school. I wanted to learn either guitar or violin. After 23 years I concluded that I have to give it a shot. I was amidst the confusion of choosing between the two. Guitar is western where as violin has a carnatic touch. Since I m a crazy fan of Ganesh Kumaresh duo I landed upon violin and has been learning for the past 8 months.

When I heard Thayae Yasodha in this album I was amazed by the way the violin was used. All in my life Mahaganapathim has been my favorite in the carnatic angle. Have heard lot of version of the same song like the one piece that comes in this piece. The song in any version always leaves the heart refreshing.

Right from my childhood my mom wanted me to learn vocal. I found that vocal was not my arena. But it took me 23 long years to figure out what I m really interested in. I m have a feeling that I have wasted all these years.Yet I feel that it is not too late for I have few more years left in this world.

This music which has blended in my life is changing everything around me like I feel fresh always.I m starting to see this world in a different way.I feel music everywhere around me and everything around me. This is changing everything in me. All in my life I have never felt traditional or any of those stuffs but now at present I m feeling like I m turning into a traditional girl. More than anything these kind of music has left a small trace in me which I m holding it at present.It is nothing but a thin smile in my lips.

I think it is a bend in my life which is making many things different. I m not sure how long it will sustain in me but the music in my heart will die only along with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hii..thts grt to hear u r learning sumthing new... i always wanted to learn keyboard..may be i will do the same at 23... hope it fills my life wid music too