I could watch this great event. I was very much interested for two reason. First for my favorite actress Kate Winslet and second my own favorite legend A.R.Rahman. I watched from the entry to exit of the show. I have seen a couple of academy awards show but this proved to be different from most of them. A glimpse about the show from my point of view.The opening was done by none other than the most sexiest man alive on the earth. I have seen him as a mighty werewolf, a fierce mutant, a magician etc. But this time he was the host who did dancing, singing and what not. He mesmerized everybody with his talk and his style. I have no words to describe for you have to see yourself to experience it. For first 10 minutes I was not able to take my eyes of him. But they have got to proceed with the ceremony
na. It was a very fine show and the much expected Slum dog Millionaire movie started gathering all the awards to their gallery. As an Indian I was eagerly waiting for the Oscars in the music section. Before giving away the winner both the nominees for the song performed on stage. When Rahman performed his score the entire house was awestruck. They were stunned by the way the music was approached by him. They really understood his new dimension in the music world. When his name was announced I was on cloud nine. I am happy coz I m crazy fan of him.There were few expected winners like Heath Ledger, who got it for his supporting role in Dark Knight. But the joker was unfortunately missing and so the family received his award. The entire house was reminded that a fellow person was missing. Then the other expected winners were the art direction and visual effects for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Best animated movie of the year for WALL-E.
Unexpected but reality, Penelope Cruz had her hand in the Oscars for Vicky Christina Barcelona
in spite of fellow tough competitors. Most of the expectation was on Taraji.P.Henson for The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button and Amy Adams for Doubt. But penelope took the stage for herself in a silent manner. Another surprise was the sound editing for Dark Knight. Coming to the important part of the ceremony is that the Jerry Lewis, the leading comedy actor was awarded the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award. The entire house gave a standing ovation. The ceremony reached to its height when Hugh Jackman and Beyonce Knowles did a piece together and a piece from Mamma Mia. It was awesome to see such a talented actor on the stage.Kate Winslet who had been nominated for six times and yet to touch the Oscar was the much
expected among the fellow tough competitors like Angelina Jolie for Changeling, Merly Streep for Doubt, Anne Hathway for Rachel Getting Married and Melissa Leo for Frozen River. Meryl Streep has been nominated for this award for 15 times and the stage is never new for her whereas Anne Hathway got her first token this time. Yet much was expected from Kate. When I watched Rachel Getting Married I thought that Anne would get her Oscars. But this morning everything was proved wrong because Kate Winslet at last made to the chamber of winners. She is always my favorite but every time she was nominated she was good but not better. But this time I guess she was the best, I say this because I m yet to watch The Reader.In the Actor category I had no doubt about the winner. Sean Penn
deserves the awards for his extra ordinary pick of character in The Milk. He has done one life time character which is flawless. It definitely requires guts to under take a certain subject which may ruin your entire life if taken to the dark side and I think Sean Penn has taken a worthy risk. I am saying this even without watching the movie. When most people's favourite was Brad Pitt I felt that he was a little bit out of frame. The toughest competitors for Sean Penn were Mickey Rourke for The Wrestler and Frank Langella for Frost/Nixon.Well as the ceremony proceeded the slum dog millionaire became the spot light and got 8 awards in 9 nominated category. Much interesting thing was that the yesteryear nominees introduced this year's nominees and gave away the awards for categories like Actor,Actress,Supporting actor/actress. This was an entirely different thing in this year's Oscars.
This time the Oscars is very different this is because most of the winners are Non-US artists. This means that they were not born in US but few are settled in there for their career. Here is a sample list.
Hugh Jackman - Host(Australia)
Kate Winslet - Best Actress (UK)
Penelope Cruz - Best Actress in supporting role (Spain)
Heath Ledger - Best Actor in supporting Role (Australia)
Danny Boyle - Best Director (UK)
A.R.Rahman - Best song, Original Score (India)
Simon Beaufoy - Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material Previously Produced or Published (UK)
Anthony Dod Mantle - Best Achievement in Cinematography(UK)
Michael O'Connor - Best Achievement in Costume Design(UK)
Resul Pookutty - Best Achievement in Sound (India)
I think the Oscars have started seeing beyond their curtains. They have started exploring other countries' talents and I think that they will soon be out witted by other country artists. Catch you all folks next year with much more diverse exhibition and meanwhile lets not forget to watch some quality movies.
No comments:
Post a Comment